Sunday, April 17, 2011

Remembering My Compadre, Ging Luna




Palm Sunday

My friend Ging Luna died last April 14. He was 63 y.o. His wife, Benji, who predeceased him in 1997, was my favorite college student at Ateneo de Davao in 1973. I am the godfather of their only daughter Aina, who got married in January 2010. Aina and Ging were estranged in 2002 and I was fortunate to have gotten them together in Nov. 2010 at home for lunch. Present in the lunch was the late Sister Letty Allado RSG, Ging's cousin who helped work out a reconciliation. My sincere condolences to Aina and my fervent prayers for Ging's happy repose and reunification with Benji and Sister Letty in Paradise. Norman was also a dear friend of the 3 departed ones so they may be having a ball up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment