Monday, October 25, 2010

Trip to Coron


LANDING AT BUSUANGA AIRPORT


BUSUANGA AIRPORT


ST. AGUSTINE CHURCH ON MAIN STREET






DARAYUNAN LODGE WHERE I STAYED












AT THE GIANT CROSS ATOP MT. TAPYAS OVERLOOKING CORON AND ISLANDS NEARBY






VIEWS OF CORON FROM MT. TAPYAS GIANT CROSS MONUMENT


CORON GATEWAY DEVELOPMENT


CORON VILLAGE FROM STILTS WALKWAY

Last Saturday Oct. 23 2010 I flew to Coron courtesy of my dear friend Roland Nunez of Zest Air. Taking from Manila at 10:15am we landed in Busuanga Airport at 11:30. From there I took a public shuttle to the Coron pier to catch a 2pm boat trip to Culion which is described in the following entry.

I returned to Coron Sunday morning after morning Mass and relaxed before going around the market and climbing Mt. Tapyas. Unfortunately I had no time to go island hopping and see the various sights nor go to Calauit for the safari reserve of President Marcos.

Nonetheless it was a great trip as I fulfilled my late father's wish to visit Culion Leprosarium which he had supported when he lived. I also had a quiet time of reflection and planning for my soul.

Thank God for the great weekend.

I returned to Manila at 1pm today in time to cast my ballot in the local baranggay elections.

Cheers
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. nice! you just got back? now I'm nostalgic. I really miss Coron. You may want to visit my site too... a very detailed one. hehehe! EVEN If you missed to see the nicest spot, i hope my blog will take you there. I also want to promote our bangkero kuya Jason - 09085053687. He's amazing. thanks!

    http://kurapengpeng.blogspot.com/2010/10/coron-one-of-gods-greatest-creation.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Palawan indeed is one of the most beautiful provinces in the Philippines. Thank you for sharing all those photos...Am enjoying reading all these!

    ReplyDelete