Thursday, April 22, 2010

OATH TAKING AT NATIONAL HISTORICAL INSTITUTE





April 23, 2010

This morning, I took my oath of office quietly as the next Executive Director of the National Historical Institute which will become National Historical Commission next month. The current Chairman, Ambeth Ocampo administered the oath with the outgoing Excutive Director Vic Badoy as witness. I will assume the office formally on June 1, 2010 after I complete my summer classes at Ateneo. I believe my term is 6 years, which will take me straight to my retirement age.

The aura and ambience of this government office is very professional and the culture is very encouraging. I still don't know why Pres. Arroyo appointed me there but am happy and grateful she did.

This is God's plan for me to help our fragmented nation and society. History can be a healing activity.

Godbless and peace
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment