Monday, March 15, 2010

Close Call, March 15, 2010

After a light breakfast this morning of blended fresh fruits, oat meal w/coco oil & honey, a small biece of bread w/smoked fish, and hot rice coffee blended with cocoa I took my vitamins and supplements and maintenance meds. Then I started feeling in my upper abdomen. I patiently bore it out and went to the office at Devt. Academy of the Philippines for a meeting. There the pain got more intense so I saw the company nurse who gave me an antacid, which I took before lunch. At lunch I had no appetite so I just had clear broth and crackers then proceeded to Ateneo for my afternoon consultations. While driving I kept on burping. Upon arriving at Ateneo I headed straight for the university clinic where the doctor diagnosed what might have been bothering me. She suggested asap an ECG and possibly a CAT Scan, if needed. She had the university VP's car take me to the Emergency Room of The Medical City, where I took Norman before. By that time the pains had subsided but they proceeded to do the ECG test and a blood sugar test. Interestingly, my ER bed was next to the bed where Norman was in August 2008. After 30 minutes the attending physician said my ECG was okay and my blood sugar and blood pressure were okay, thank God. I was released with some prescription medicines for DYSPESIA, which is heightened by my diabetes condition. Now I am back in Ateneo to pick up my car after meeting with my students for their final paper.

At the College chapel, they just brought in the coffin of Fr. Joseph Galdon, SJ, a prominent American Jesuit who spent most of his life of service here in the Philippines. He joined God at the age of 81. Eternal rest grant unto him.

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment