Friday, December 11, 2009

Pictures in Legaspi City




December 12, 2009

Last December 10th I flew to Legaspi City to attend the installation rites of its new bishop, Bishop Joel (Bong) Baylon, a very dear friend of our family who also was very kind to Norman. It was a big event, attended by luminaries like Cardinal Gaudencio Rosales and several bishops from Metro Manila and elsewhere, the Archbishops of Dagupan, Naga and Zamboanga, and the Papal Nuncio. Lots of priests and nuns. President Gloria Arroyo came as well, and even greeted me at the altar steps. She left after his very passionate homily on POWER OF LOVE and LOVE OF POWER because she needed to fly back to Manila before sunset.

At Legaspi I also met my former students from the Defense college as well as the family of Tess Bacos, the sister of my home manager Gina.

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment